Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Can the belly get any BIGGER??? 39 weeks...


We've almost made it! Just one week from our due date...though once again, I'm not holding my breath that she will come on time. I'm not the most patient person in the world, so the Lord has a way of teaching me through my circumstances... I love that our little girl is doing so well and is so content inside! It will be a surprise to all of us as to the day she decides to arrive!!! It's to that point where you wonder every day, "could this be THE day?" But I feel so "normal" each day with no impending signs of labor... But I know the time will be here soon...
*
Joel and I really are making the most of our last few days of "just the two of us"... I am so thankful that the Lord saw it was GOOD to give us over 6 1/2 years of married life to just grow in our friendship. We LOVE being together. There is no one I would rather do anything with than Joel... We have such a good time together, no matter what we're doing. So the last couple of weeks since we've been home, we've tried hard to make our time special by taking extra dates out as a couple. Sometimes that has meant going out to dinner or on a long walk. We've had lots of nights where we've just gone to a coffee shop and talked until they closed (this is a tradition for us, starting with our very first coffee date in 2001! We got asked to leave because the place had closed 45 minutes earlier and we hadn't even realized it!). We're having a lot of fun...
*
But we're ready for this next season and all it has in store... I can't wait for us to take on our new roles as Daddy and Mommy! We've been reading up, though I've been told that no amount of reading can prepare you for what's about to take place! There is nothing cuter, though, that looking over and seeing Joel reading his "What a Difference a Daddy Makes" book and then filling me in on all he is learning. He's going to be one amazing Daddy, that's for sure and I can't wait to see him hold our little girl for the first time. She definitely already has him wrapped around her little finger. It's the cutest thing in the world...
*
Enjoying these last few days... jen

1 comment:

Kristin said...

You look great, Jen! Can't wait to hear about the birth of your little girl! What books have you been reading? We'd love any recommendations you have to pass along...
-- Kristin