Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Lucy didn't get the memo...

...that today was supposed to be her big debut into the outside world! :) I can't say that I'm too surprised. I've been feeling too good and haven't even had the slightest inkling of the onset of labor. I've heard that you can go from feeling great to having contractions very quickly, but for some reason I have this feeling that it will be a few more days. Our doctor doesn't really want us to go over 41 weeks, so if we haven't had her by next Wednesday, July 16th, we will be induced. My prayer is that she'll come on her own before that! I really do want to go into labor naturally. But we will see. I was a "fashionably late" baby myself, arriving 10 whole days after my due date! According to Joel, he thinks I've run late ever since! Though I'm really trying to get better about that!
*
Anyway, thanks for everyone who has been checking in on us... We're all ready! The hospital bag is packed, the house is cleaned (i said if she waits too much longer, I'll have to clean again!), the carseat is in the car and her first little diapers and outfits are all laid out! We're just waiting for our little sweetie to decide it's time... We are excited to meet her, but don't want to be too impatient...
*
I took what I hope will be my last pregnancy picture today at 40 weeks... I thought I'd share it along with my first pic taken at 15 weeks... It's kind of fun to look back!
*
Enjoy... Hoping one of our next few posts will have a way cuter picture!!! One of our little girl! Stay tuned...



3 comments:

Darath said...

We can't wait!! You look great...we're praying for a natural, smooth delivery for both of you. Thinking of you all often-
greg, darath and malik

Mandy said...

Jen I am praying for you and little Lucy and for Joel! I am so excited for you both!

Anonymous said...

Jen,
I look so great! It will be so fun to hear all about her and see her beautiful face:)
Laura Fever