Friday, July 25, 2008

Grandparents are such a GIFT!










As you can see, we've been taking LOTS of pictures of our little princess over the last 12 days. :) I guess that comes with the territory of this being our first and Ellie being the first girl grandchild on my side and the first grandchild altogether on Joel's. She is going to be one photographed little girl. Joel's Dad is a professional photographer, so we got some great shots over the last week while they were here.
*
Today was our first day of parenting without the help of our families. Wow, did it make us appreciate all they have done! Not only while they were here, but for all the years they have invested into our lives... It's a tough job, but the most rewarding one I can think of...
*
We had the privilege of having my parents here for a week and then Joel's family here for a week. They got to overlap for a couple of days and so that was a lot of fun as well. I can't tell you how much they blessed us while they were here! My Dad replaced our sink faucet, mowed our lawn TWICE, cut down a tree...the list is too long to write it all! Mom planted flowers and cleaned my oven...just to name a couple of things! Joel's parents stained our deck and helped finish hanging all of the stuff in the baby's room. And both sets of parents just served our socks off during the days they were here... not only doing things around the house, but loving us and our little girl in such amazing ways... We can't begin to express just how grateful and thankful we are for our wonderful families and there is nothing I want more than for Ellie and any other children God may bless us with to have strong relationships with their Grandparents... They really do play such a vital role in our kids' lives...
*
I'm realizing more and more what a big job parenting is! I feel like I need a few more sets of hands... :) It's been such a wonderful experience so far. Stretching in many ways, but I can't imagine anything else I would rather do than to have the privilege of being called a wife to Joel and a Mom to my little girl... It's so fun the way that God created it. I love it when I walk into a room and Ellie cranks her head around because she hears my voice... It's such a reminder of how I want to be with God. To know Him so well that He's the one who turns my head when I hear His voice... That His voice would be the one the I know and that comforts me.
*
Anyway, it's late and I need to sleep cause soon it will be time to get up and feed Ellie! My new 8+ hour a day job. :) But I had a free minute, so wanted to post...
*
Thanks for checking in and thank you to everyone who has called, made a meal, stopped by or sent a gift for our precious new little one. We are incredibly grateful!
love, jen

2 comments:

jamie said...

precious jen! love you guys! parenting is one of hardest but yes rewarding things in life! it makes you look at your relationship with God really different- just like you said!
blessings friend

Anonymous said...

We are rejoicing with you! I am so thrilled that you are finding such joy in being a mommy, Jen. It is such an incredible gift. Ellie Hope is beautiful!

Blessings!
Katie for the Weavers