Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day!

Joel's first Father's Day! He woke up this morning to a card from his little girl and a little gift. He's so ready to be a Daddy! He's gonna be a natural...

Today was a nice day. Our first full day at home since we returned from Jacksonville. We worked on Baby's nursery and got the dresser put together for her room. I washed all of her bedding and got the crib all ready. I also got to take some of her shower gifts out of boxes and put them away. Things are starting to feel a little more settled in there!!! Though we still can't figure out exactly how we want to arrange everything. It's a pretty small room and I'm realizing more and more that babies take lots of stuff. There is room for the baby in there, but I'm not so sure about all of her stuff!

I feel like I'm growing exponentially at this point. I was telling my Mom on the phone today that I don't think my skin can stretch one more centimeter!!! Poor little girl has to be so cramped in there. I am imagining her saying "get me outta here!" I've been so comfortable up until this point and then it seems like overnight I've gotten too big to get around easily... Maybe I'm just more aware since I'm trying to work on house projects (I feel like I have a LOT to do before she arrives! But I'm told that's called nesting) and my stomach is always in the way! :) It's the funniest thing.

We had our 36 week appt. on Friday and everything is progressing well... She said baby is strong and in position! So, now we wait... It's still so surreal that we're going to be parents in just a few days... Wow, what a privilege and responsibility... Makes me appreciate my own parents all the more and everything they did for the three of us growing up... Thanks Dad and Mom for being such amazing parents!

Until next time... jen

No comments: