Saturday, March 1, 2008

My little night owl...

What a busy weekend it has been! Baby girl got to experience her first Navigators Laborer's Conference in-utero this weekend... I thought maybe she would be as worn out as I am after the weekend, but here it is 10pm and she's doin' her thing! Kicking up a storm... I don't know if this will be any indicator as to how she will be AFTER birth, but right now she is QUITE the night owl! Thursday night at our Nav Night, she started kicking away about 9pm when the music started... then again at 11pm when I was typing on my computer... then when we finally got ready to head to bed at 1am, she gave Daddy his first kick! Right in his back! I think it took him a bit by surprise... :)

Pregnancy has been so much fun so far... I was realizing today that as excited as I am for her to be born... I think I'll be a little sad to not be able to feel her move inside me. It really is so amazing... I'm so thankful that God is giving me this incredible opportunity. What a miracle.

Another little pregnancy "funny"... I don't think I'm quite used to my belly yet! I keep forgetting that I am changing quite a bit physically and can't do the things I have done for the last 31 years! First of all, I am a fanatic about always wearing a belt. It's like a major catastrophe if I get somewhere and forgot a belt. Well...as is pretty obvious, there have been no belts for me over the last two months. In fact, it's been a long time since I've even been able to button my pants, let alone wear a belt! Thank goodness for this great creation called a "bella band" that has allowed me to keep wearing my normal jeans...so far anyway. :)

And last but not least...because I'm not used to my belly, I keep bumping into things and people with it! I forget that it's there and think that I can still squeeze through tight places, etc. Today I was trying to squeeze between two people at the conference, and while it usually wouldn't be a problem, I rammed this poor guy. Oops!

Anyway, just a few little notes from the journey... Now I'm off to bed...at 10:30pm! Wow, that's early! :)

No comments: