Wednesday, March 12, 2008

23 weeks...

Another week down... The days are flying by... I can tell that baby is getting stronger and bigger. When she kicks now, I can usually feel her in two or three places! So, I think she must kick and punch at the same time. :) According to the websites, the bones inside her ears are hardened now, so she can hear outside noises and our voices now. Last night, Joel and I were sitting in a class we're taking and the speaker was telling a story where about 3 times, he got really loud. Each time he'd change to his loud voice, I would feel her jump! I think it startled her! She definitely always brings a huge smile to my face... I am trying really hard to journal all of these experiences because I know otherwise I will forget...

Life is still very busy on campus right now, but I'm sure hoping things will slow down a little by the end of the month so I can focus some more on getting ready for Baby! April is going to be an important month to get her room ready because we leave in early May and will be gone for that whole month...getting home a little less than 4 weeks before she is due! So, we have some work to do before we leave! I've picked out the crib and the bedding (thanks for your votes!)...just need to get them all ordered...

Loving this journey,

jen

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Jen--

I love reading your updates! I so wish I could be there with you. I definitely love being a labor and delivery nurse, but it's a lot different than I expected. The majority of our patient population is young, unmarried, and unplanned pregnancies. Many of my patients just this week said they were debating at first whether to have the baby or have an abortion. Praise God they chose to have the babies! But to get a patient who is married, the father is involved, and both parents are excited about the baby is actually few and far between. I would love to take care of you and Joel during your labor!! :) And my sister's too, obviously. Keep updating!! Love Mollie