Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Half Way There!!!

I can't believe it, but we've reached the half-way mark already! 20 weeks today. :) Wow...time is flying by. By God's Grace, in approximately 140 days, we'll get to hold this beautiful little girl in our arms... She's kicking away as I write this post. She must know that I'm talking about her. :)
*
Life continues to move along at a rapid rate on campus. This is the 6th week of classes already this semester. I've been feeling so good, life hasn't changed a whole lot yet. We're JUST starting to think about the baby room (which is currently the "storage room" for student's things, Nav Night sound equipment, etc), baby furniture, what kind of crib and stroller and all those other good things that babies need! It's a little overwhelming, to be honest... But so exciting at the same time.
*
Honestly, I think recently the thing I have been the most amazed by is the fact that as I go about my normal day to day activities, not even having to think about it (though as I'm sure you can tell, I think about her all the time!), she continues to grow and develop and be shaped into the little person that God has and is designing her to be. I have absolutely no control over it. I can't change a thing. (besides taking care of myself, of course!) God is in complete control of her every moment. It brings Psalm 139 to life in a whole new way...

"For you created my inmost being;
You knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise YOU because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful. I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,
your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me were written in your book
before one of them came to be."
Psalm 139:13-16
*
Isn't that amazing? We serve a wonderfully creative God. He alone is the creator and sustainer of all life. All the days of our little girl's life were written before even one of them comes to be. I don't need to worry... She was God's idea...
*
Enjoying each day, jen

2 comments:

jamie said...

love it jen! love seein your belly! you're too cute.. what a great miracle life is! love you guys so much

Mandy said...

I love reading all of your updates! Its fun to hear about this time in your life!