Wednesday, February 6, 2008

boy or girl???


One more week and we have our big ULTRASOUND! We sure can't wait... We'll get to see baby J for the first time and HOPEFULLY, if the baby cooperates, we'll get to find out if we're having a BOY or GIRL... We're so ready to know so we can start referring to the baby as he or she! and not IT... The pictures to the left and right are of Joel and I as little tikes, as if you hadn't already guessed! :) It's fun to imagine what our new little one will look like!
*
I'm still feeling great... I'm thankful that as of yet, I have not caught this nasty flu bug that is going around. Joel hasn't been so lucky. He came down with it yesterday and has been trying hard to get over it quickly. I'm hoping that I'm not next in line!
*
Yesterday was a big day for me as I got to feel the baby for the first time!!! There have been a few times that I've wondered if maybe I felt it...but yesterday, it was undeniable! And then today, this little one has been VERY active... It sure makes it feel more real to me...that's for sure.
*
We continue to thank God every day for this little blessing... It's wild to think how far the Lord has brought us over the last year... It's been fun to look back at journal entries and see how we were praying and what the Lord was doing in my heart in regards to our desire to have children. Honestly, I wouldn't trade the struggle and the waiting for anything. The Lord taught me deep lessons and continues to confirm in my heart and life that He is faithful and that He is good.... I was doing my quiet times in Ecclesiastes recently and there were a couple of passages I wanted to share with you.
*
"There is a time for everything and a season for every activity under heaven...He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of me; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end." Eccl. 3:1,11
"Consider what God has done. Who can straighten what He has made crooked? When times are good, be happy. But when times are bad, consider: God has made the one as well as the other. Therefore a man cannot discover anything about His future." Eccl. 7:13-14

I am really learning to trust in God's ways in a new way...knowing that what He gives us is His absolute best, even when it doesn't always feel the best to us at the time. He is committed to making me like Him...

Lord, thanks for your goodness and the good gifts that you give... We're so excited for this little July gift that is on it's way!




No comments: