Monday, April 14, 2008

starting on the nursery...

Well, it was a busy weekend at the Johnson's! We decided a couple of months ago that this past weekend would be "THE" weekend to work on the baby's room, since it was our only free weekend between February and when we head to our Summer Training Program in Jacksonville mid-May... So, I was all geared up and in major task mode!
*
Friday night we gathered our supplies and bought the paint...Saturday cleared out the baby's room and painted the walls and Sunday was spent putting together the crib and painting the trim! We were pretty happy with our progress... Still quite a few things left to be done, but we're getting there! The big stuff is out of the way. WHEW! Here are a few pics of the room so far... It was hard to get a picture of the whole room, so I got it from a few different angles! :) Might not look too impressive so far, but if you'd have seen it before...we really made a lot of progress!









Little girl's arrival is quickly nearing... Less than three more months... About 85 days to be exact. It's all becoming so incredibly real! She's getting so big that I can feel her little appendages when she moves...and arm, a leg, etc. It's quite incredible. She already LOVES her Daddy! Whenever he touches my belly, she comes to life...kicking up a storm! She's already a little Daddy's girl. :)

*

My first Baby Shower is this weekend and I am so excited! It will be with a lot of our students, so should be FUN! I really appreciate the girls going to so much work to put it together for us... Now that she has a "room", I actually have a place to put her things!

*

More soon... just wanted to post a short update. :) Here's one more picture to leave you with of my little nephew... My brother Joe sent this this morning and I thought it was the cutest thing I've ever seen! Here is Wyatt "praising God"! :) Hope it brings a smile to your face like it did mine! :)

No comments: