Saturday, August 14, 2010

Ellie at 25 months

I feel like I was just writing our "Ellie is TWO!" post and now another month has already passed by! Not sure if I will keep doing these monthly updates for the rest of her life or not :) but for now, I will continue because Ellie just keeps growing and changing by the day it seems! We just celebrated each of our girls monthly birthdays while we were on a staff retreat in Great Bend, Kansas!
Here are a few fun facts about our Ellie at 25 months...
  • Her vocabulary continues to grow leaps and bounds! Yesterday she said her first 5 word sentence. Now, this is still an exception to the rule, mind you, but it's so fun to be able to really start to communicate with her!
  • Ellie is becoming more and more of a little "mommy" these days, carrying around her baby dolls and taking care of them.
  • She is definitely my big helper! Ellie loves to help me unload the dishwasher, the dryer, hold the dustpan when I'm sweeping, help us water the yard, etc. She will say "Ellie help" or "Ellie clean up!"
  • She continues to grow as little miss independent! SO...everything takes us a little longer now. She wants to buckle her own carseat, get out of her high chair by herself. Her key phrase is "Ellie do it!". She has also become very choosy about which outfit she wears everyday and how she gets her hair done and what shoes she wears. Oh my!
  • She has quite the little personality and is a bit of a prankster. Her big thing right now is she will run up to you and say "bug, bug!" pretending that you have a bug crawling on you and then she will LAUGH! She gets quite the kick out of herself. :)
  • She continues to love Barney and now has added Veggie Tales to her list (thankfully!)
  • Bottom line, our Ellie is a BLAST! I wish you could get a sense of her BIG personality from these posts... I will try to post a couple of videos soon cause writing just doesn't do it justice.

No comments: