Thursday, September 25, 2008

A visit to New Sharon...





Sorry that I've been so slow at blogging recently. The days are just getting away from me... Watching Ellie grow by the day is such a reminder of how quickly time passes. I just wish I could hang on to each day. I don't want her to get big!!!
*
This last weekend, Ellie and I made a roadtrip to Iowa for my Grandma Barb's 80th birthday!!! What a fun weekend, despite the fact that I had caught a nasty bug of some sort the day before we got to Iowa. My Mom and Dad were kind enough to meet Joel halfway to pick me up in Kansas City so I didn't have to make the trip with a two month old all alone! It made for some fun car time!
*
Ellie had such a great time meeting her Great Grandma Barb and Great Grandma Surber... As you can see in the top picture, they unintentionally matched at the party! So cute! I guess 80 year old minds think alike. :) Ellie also got to meet some Great Aunts and Uncles, cousins, second-cousins, the works! She LOVED every minute of it! She got some great cuddle time with Grandma Becky and fun time playing with Grandpa Richard. Everyone was just taken with her, that's for sure! I can tell she got a little spoiled, as she's definitely wanted all of my attention since we've been back in Kansas. :)
*
We're continuing to enjoy each day as she does new things almost constantly! She is so bright-eyed and so expressive! She LOVES to smile and laugh and coo. She and her Daddy have a secret language that is too cute. Joel will coo at her and she will coo back in response... I love to just sit and watch them.
*
Being a Mommy is so much fun!

No comments: