Thursday, August 21, 2008

she's growing TOO fast!






So much for my attempt at a little photo shoot! I think Ellie was getting annoyed... :) She started out with a smile, but as I kept snapping away...I realized it's not all that easy for a 5 1/2 week old to try to sit up and smile! ha! As you can see, it totally wore her out! I just love how she sleeps with her little hands above her head... So cute!!!
*
It's true when you hear people say that they don't stay small for long! Our little Ellie is just growing SO FAST! We went in for her 1 month appointment on Monday (she was actually 5 weeks at that point!) and she weighed in at 10 lbs. 3 oz. She is gaining at a rate of about 1-2 oz. per day, so by today she's probably around 10 lbs. 7 oz. or so. She's already added about 30% to her body weight since we brought her home from the hospital! All I can say is that I'm glad we adults don't put on weight that quickly! Yikes! :)
*
Our little girl continues to teach us so much and so many lessons about our relationship with God... At her appointment, she had to get a shot. I hate these shots more than she does, for sure! She was all smiling and happy...just looking at me with these eyes of complete trust... Then all of the sudden...OUCH! A stick with a huge needle! I almost cried when I saw her little face all of a sudden turn from joy to blood curdling screams! It was as if she was saying, "Mommy, what did you let happen to me???" I know that this temporary pain is ultimately for her good... but she doesn't understand that now... It caused me to think that I am often this way with God... I experience pain and look at God like "why are you letting this happen to me?"... He sees the big picture when I do not... and He wants me to trust that this temporary pain in my life is for my best... His desire is not to hurt me, but to use these painful times to shape me and mold me more into the woman He wants me to be. Just like Ellie's shot will protect her from disease, these discomforts in my life are to protect me in the long run... I wish I could get that through my head at the time!
*
So much more I could say, but will save it for another post...
Thanks for checking in!
*
jen


4 comments:

Marisa and Nathan said...

Jen! Ellie is so cute - isn't it fun being a mom of a little girl? I couldn't believe how big she is already - Ava is going to be 9 weeks on Monday. We just weighed her on Tuesday of this week, and she's 8lbs 9oz. Ellie is already bigger and I can't believe it! That's why we have to take lots of pictures of these quickly growing babies!

Anonymous said...

Barry would be proud of your photo session! She is too stinking cute!!! i love her and can't wait to meet her!

Alyssa Jones said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Becky Bartlett said...

Jen- I love the shot of her knocked out during the photo shoot. she's getting so big! Aren't those shots horrible? boaz gets his this week. :( But I love your thoughts on temporary pain for ultimate good... thanks for sharing!