Monday, August 11, 2008

It's a good thing I'm so cute!


Today was an "adventures in motherhood" day for me! I'm sure all of you Moms will laugh, but I'm just getting broken into all of this! Let me give you a snapshot of the beginning of our day... Let me preface by saying that after Ellie's middle of the night feeding...I was getting ready to change her diaper and put her back to bed when she proceeded to spit up all over herself. I had her laying in her changing table already and turned around to get something... When I turned back around she had majorly spit up... SO...I got a wet washcloth and wiped her down, changed her onesie, changed her diaper and put her down thinking that I'd give her a bath this morning...

So we woke up and got around a little this morning and I decided to venture out on a long walk with Ellie since it was such a beautiful day! Joel was gone to work on campus stuff, so we got out the big stroller and headed out! The walk went wonderfully and we had such a good time getting out in the sunshine! When we got home, I fed her, changed her, and thought this would be a good time for a bath! This would be the first time I'd bathe her totally alone. Someone has always been here to help me... So, I got her bathwater all run and got her in the tub... She LOVES her baths! We got her hair washed and I had JUST gotten the soap put on her body when, what does she decide to do? POOP all over IN THE TUB! SICK! So, what's a Mom to do? I quick picked her up and grabbed the shower head and sprayed her off, got her in her towel and hoped that we got all the poop off. yuck... all the while, she is just smiling away... :/ Of course this had to happen when I was all alone! So, I got her all cleaned up and then had to get everything else cleaned up! As I said in the title of this post... it's a good thing she is so darn cute! :) Joel said one day we'll just laugh about all these little episodes. I was KIND of laughing about this morning, but more than anything, I just wanted a nap by noon. :)

Joel and his sister have affectionately named Ellie, "Pocahantas Poops a lot" because she doesn't seem to have any problems with her digestive system. Yikes. I think we have like 10 poopy diapers a day! :) So, we've given Ellie a new theme song. I thought you all might enjoy hearing it... Little disclaimer...I've never heard the original song that this is based off of, but I have a feeling it's probably not the best song... but the baby version is hilarious. Check it out...

http://www.flowgo.com/funny/1258_dirty-baby-christina.html

OH! this song is even better! check this one out! http://www.flowgo.com/funny/1463_gruntin-n-dumpin-lil-dumplin.html


Thanks for laughing along with us today! jen

2 comments:

Darath said...

That's so funny! Just wait until she has a total blow-out in the middle of the mall parking lot (when you're all by yourself) and you have to try to clean her up with wet wipes without getting it all over the car...hmmm...don't miss that part of those days!
darath

Cindy Leaf said...

LOVE the story & all the pictures!! It is so fun seeing you guys with sweet Ellie! Can't wait to see you for real...whenever that may be:-)!!