Monday, May 26, 2008

34 weeks...

Hey everyone! First of all, sorry that it's been so long since I posted... and sorry that there is no picture on this post! We are in Jacksonville, Florida at our Summer Training Program and are having a great time! And though I have my camera, I don't have any way to upload them to my computer right now, so I'm pictureless for the time being...

It's definitely hot down here! I'm kind of missing the beautiful time of year that it is in Kansas right now, but I think my body is adjusting to the heat and humidity... :) I can tell that my temperature gauge has changed now that I'm "big" pregnant! I'm always trying to turn the thermostat in our room down, while poor Joel is always freezing. :) It's such a funny change cause it has always been the other way around!

We've been keeping VERY busy, but "Lucy" has been great to roll with the punches... She has been so easy on me! The trip down was a breeze. I wasn't uncomfortable at all and I've been sleeping wonderfully in our dorm room bed! I was a little nervous about that, but it has not given me any problems at all! God's been really gracious.

It's so hard to believe that our due date is only 42 days away... According to the websites, baby J is now almost 5 pounds and 19 inches long. I believe it! She's got to be running out of room in there!!! I see my tummy moving from the outside almost constantly... ESPECIALLY when Joel is speaking! He's been doing a lot of presenting and teaching the last few days at the training program and every time he's talking, she goes crazy. She already loves her Daddy...that's for sure! And he's already very smitten with her! I can't imagine what it will be like when he actually gets to hold her in his arms. She'll have him wrapped around her little finger in no time!

The training program is going great! There are about 50 of us here so far and the other 150 arrive tomorrow... We've had very full days, but we're enjoying every minute of our time here! Just two more weeks and we head back to Kansas!

That's it for now. Just wanted to check in since it had been a while. Hope you had a great long weekend!

jen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

reading about your excitement is SO fun! :) my first pregnancy was kind of surprising and overwhelming, i'm hoping that if God blesses us with another i'll get to feel the romance a bit more -- less shock, more fun :)

you guys will be great parents. reading your thoughts makes me so excited for you. :)