Friday, September 24, 2010

Beautiful Firstborn...

Spent time today thanking God for my precious firstborn... Ellie Hope... It's crazy to think that three short years ago, God knew he was getting ready to bless our lives with this curious, creative, and courageous little beauty...but we had no idea what an incredible journey we were about to embark on!
I love these "thinking" pictures... I am pretty sure I have several of her Daddy doing the same thing...
Look at those pretty pink toes...

and beautiful chubby pink fingers...
and those eyes! perfect to me in every way... thank you Lord for the firstborn you chose just for us... please use her to continue to teach me patience, kindness, gentleness and selflessness as we walk through these wonderful yet sometimes challenging days of toddlerhood. Help me to teach her, train her and love her the way You would have me to. So thankful for this good and perfect gift...

3 comments:

Jill Bull said...

Hi Jen! I think God is teaching me those EXACT same things with Claire! I think she may be getting a little better, now that she is close to 3. But, as they get older they keep getting smarter and that brings more challenges and ways for God to grow me in Christ-likeness! :)

Becky said...

Oh Jen, these pictures just brought tears to my eyes. She is just so precious and such a gift. I need hard copies of these for sharing. Love them. Mom

Amanda Suzanne said...

I especially like the popped collar in the contemplative photo. Jen- your children are beautiful.