Friday, August 21, 2009

Can't get enough...

I can't believe how smitten I am with this little person in my world... I just can't seem to get enough of her! I tell you what, she is definitely the joy of our lives! She brings such new life to everything that we do and I feel incredibly privileged to get to be her Mom... I don't deserve it, but I sure am grateful!
Tonight as I was giving her her bath and getting her ready for bed, she happily played and chatted away, discovering all these new things in her world, I just thanked God for the gift of my little Ellie Hope... This is the baby we prayed so long for and sometimes I have to pinch myself to believe that she's really here and we really get to raise her. She couldn't be a more perfect addition to our family...

The only thing I wish is that time would slow down a little bit... That each stage would last a little longer cause they all seem to disappear so quickly. She's growing and changing every day. She's starting to use more big girl words, walk like a big girl, understand like a big girl.
So quickly she is becoming a toddler and our "baby" is no more...
I just want to hold on to these days...

So, we cherish every minute we get with her and try to soak it all up.
And I pray to God that He'll help me remember the special blessings of these days.

2 comments:

jamie said...

amen jen! it does go so fast i can't believe it! part of it is why we are homeschooling too- don;t have them that long! not all the reasons but part :)

Majed said...

adorable !!