Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Gettin' better...

You probably wouldn't know it by looking at these pictures, but my two little sweeties have been under the weather the last couple of days! Alexa was up most of the night Sunday night with a fever and just fussy. I think she is cutting teeth... Ellie slept til 1:30pm on Monday (that's right... that was the first time she woke up for the day!)... but I quickly realized she had slept that late because she was sick. :( So she was up for an hour and then back to bed from 2:30-6:30 and to bed at 9... Today they both seem to be doing better... and now it's poor Joel who has caught the bug! Praying that I stay healthy to take care of everyone! So far so good...
But anyway... tonight was one of those memorable nights... one you just want to tuck into your memory and pray that it will remain as vivid as it was tonight for the rest of life. Just sitting in Ellie's bed cuddling with my two precious girls, reading books... Tonight we read "I'll Love you Forever" for the millionth time. It's one of Ellie's new favorites and when we get to the end of each page she recites it...
"I'll love you forever
I'll like you for always,
As long as I'm living,
My baby you'll be"
It's the cutest thing ever... Her little voice is just so so sweet.
We also read a Bible Story or two each night and we're loving that. It's so fun to see things click in Ellie's little mind. She comprehends so much more than I could even imagine for a 2 year old. Kids are so much smarter than I ever gave them credit for!
Ellie just loves to love on her little sister... And she is still so smitten with her COW. Above you see Ellie giving Alexa some cow tail. This poor tail has been through the wringer. If you could see it close up, there is no fur left on it at all. It's not soft...but for some reason, Ellie is just obsessed with rubbing her nose with it. And if you're "in" with her, she will rub your nose, too!
Uh oh... this is trouble. Alexa going in for the binky steal.
I love you Alexa, but don't go messin' with my binky... :) We're in the process of trying to get Ellie to give up her binky. It's not going to be easy... We're trying to talk her into sending them to her new cousin in Ohio saying that the baby needs them! And since Ellie is a big girl, she could give them up. So far, she's not buying it... :)
*
So thankful for my girls and that they are on the upswing and starting to feel better... I have been so grateful lately for health and don't take a day of it for granted... Now, if I could just get my girls to stay little...

No comments: