Friday, September 11, 2009

A Note from Ellie...

Hi Everyone! I thought that it had been a while, so I wanted to write on Mommy's blog just letting you know what I've been up to these days! I am getting into lots of mischief now that I am mobile and life is just full of adventure.
One of my most recent developments is now I can CLIMB! So, if there is ANYTHING around that looks like I could possibly climb on it, watch out. I climb on boxes, books, purses, everything! And much to Mommy's dismay, I can also do what I like to call the "Spiderman" up the back of chairs - AND up the rails of my crib. It won't be too much longer and I'll figure out how to get out of there!

As you know, school recently started so I have been spending LOTS of time with all of the college kids. Don't worry, I am never lonely. I have lots of big people friends who are all very nice to me. I love the college kids! They are so much fun!


We had a big BBQ for welcome back week and I had lots of fun eating hot dogs (sorry Uncle Joe!) and chips and other big people food. I'm eating a lot better these days and Mommy says that she thinks I will soon finally hit 20 lbs. :) Then I can get a front facing car seat!!!

As you can see, my hair is also getting LONG and sometimes looks kind of wild if Mommy hasn't fixed it yet for the day. I don't like to keep pretty bows in anymore, so I usually just have a little Pebbles ponytail on top of my head to keep the hair out of my eyes. And notice my new teeth! I now have 5 teeth - two on top and three on the bottom. I am getting ready to get several more soon! Here I am in my t-shirt from my Aunt K-Lo. I love it and can't wait to see her in person in a couple of weeks!

Often I play SO hard I crash hard at night! On this particular day, I just laid down mid-afternoon on the rug and fell asleep! It's hard work to run around like I do. I don't often stop, unless it's to play with Mommy or Daddy's cell phone or eat. So, when I sleep, I am a very good sleeper! :) I have a very FUN life and love to play, play, play! I'll write again soon and fill you in on some of my other new developments. Mommy doesn't yet have pictures or video of me sneaking into the bathroom and lifting up the toilet lid so I can play in the water or of the way I like to make baskets into the kitchen trash can with anything I can throw in there! Needless to say, Mommy has found lots of tupperware, a cell phone and many other things in the trash!
That's all for now! More soon...

1 comment:

Audrey said...

I'm a friend of Jana's (bridemaids together!) and I occasionally pop in and read.

Anyways, I wanted to let you know that extended rearfacing is soooo much safer compared to front facing carseats. The new requirements from the AAP are 2 years and 35 lbs. Check out youtube crash tests for further evidence. Bennett is 25 months and still rearfacing. The minimum requirements are 20 lbs and 1 year but who wants to parent by the minimum? Rearfacing saves way more lives.

:) Audrey